Saturday, March 5, 2016

March 5, 2016



I did an interview with the Late Night in the Midlands radio show last month; I discussed my new book H. P. Lovecraft & the Black Magickal Tradition and other issues of interest to Lovecraft fans and scholars and to those interested in such topics as life, death, the afterlife, occultism, the paranormal and black magickal practice in the 21st century.  If you want to listen to the interview, please click on the link:


Likewise, I interviewed with The Fringe radio network, also last month.  Again, I discussed Lovecraft and contingent issues.  Here is the link to this interview for those of you who want to know more about Lovecraft and western occultism:


I have an upcoming book signing at the Georgia Tech Barnes & Noble college bookstore in Atlanta Georgia on September 24, 2016; the store claims a large Lovecraft following at the university and so,I hope to see some of you at the signing.

Later in the summer, also, I am going to be a guest speaker at the Pagan Pride Convention in Detroit Michigan on August 13; I’ll have a table there where I will sign books.  In addition to this,  I am going to also be a guest speaker at Carnival of Para-Horror Convention in Buffalo, New York on August 27 & 28, 2016; I will have a table at that event as well for book signing. 

For the latter event, I’ll be giving a two-part presentation: “H. P. Lovecraft’s Cosmic Weird Tales & the American Cinema.”  I will start out by examining Lovecraft’s aesthetic and his theory & practice for the writing of weird tales. Then, I’ll take a look at certain key American film adaptations of Lovecraft’s work and determine how well (or not) filmmakers are able to capture Lovecraft’s masterful literary constructs on the silver screen.

JLS



No comments:

Post a Comment