Tuesday, May 24, 2016

May 24, 2016

On Friday, May 27, 2016,  I will be a guest on the Deprogrammed Radio Show with Michael Woods, a well-known MUFON investigator, from 7:00 PM-8:00 EST Time.

Information about the Deprogrammed Radio Show with Michael Woods can be found at the link: www.deprogrammedradio.com

Near the end of summer, I am going to be a guest speaker at the Pagan Pride Convention in Detroit, Michigan, August 13, 2016, where I will also hold a book signing event.

For the Pagan Pride Convention, I will be examining H. P. Lovecraft's connection with the Wiccan religion. In Chapter 7 of my book, I explore this connection, but due to space constraints, I was unable to give it fuller treatment.  My speech will remedy this situation.

My presentation is entitled: "H. P. Lovecraft's Goddess Shub-Niggurath: Redefining the Horned God Archetype of the Wiccans." 

I have also been invited to be a guest speaker for two consecutive days at the well-known Carnival of Para-Horror Convention in Buffalo, New York on August 27 & 28, 2016; I will be signing books at this event as well.

My two -part presentation at the Carnival of Para-Horror is entitled " H. P. Lovecraft's Cosmic Weird Tales & the American Cinema."

When we get closer to summer, I will post on this blog (and on Facebook & Twitter) more specific information- dates, times, locations, etc.- about the Pagan Pride Day & the Carnival of Para-Horror speaking engagements. 

And finally, in early autumn, I will be holding another book signing event at the Georgia Tech Barnes & Noble college bookstore in Atlanta, Georgia on September 24, 2016 from 12:00 PM- 6:00 PM.

The Georgia Tech campus boasts a large Lovecraft following, so I am looking forward to this autumnal event; I hope to meet a wide variety of fans of horror & science fiction and hopefully, some of my dark friends and colleagues in the south who know me on Facebook & Twitter will stop by to pick up a copy of my book & say hello.


JLS

No comments:

Post a Comment