Tuesday, January 26, 2021

January 27, 2021

 I am the author of Aliens, Robots & Virtual Reality Idols in the Science Fiction of H. P. Lovecraft, Isaac Asimov and William Gibson, published by Zero Books.  

My book is a spirited, speculative & fun romp through the greatest works of the three most well-known & influential sf writers in the history of the genre.

I examine exactly what an alien is, what a human being is and how artificially intelligent entities can, by a simple act of will, evolve into nouveau aliens whose objectives are at odds with human exceptionalism, free will & objectivity- the things that make us human beings.

Lovecraft, Asimov & Gibson posit a dark future.  But my book is not dark; I argue that humans are more than capable of becoming Type IV status, as Michio Kaku calls it, who can transcend the limitations of space and time.

I like to see light on the mountain tops; 2020 has been a troubling year in many ways, but I see light now in this new year coming out everywhere.

Best wishes.

John L. Steadman


https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08JHFJQ8N/ref=dbs_a_def_rwt_hsch_vapi_tkin_p1_i1


No comments:

Post a Comment