Monday, October 30, 2017

October 30, 2017


Here is a nice little song that I memorized when I was in Elementary School.  I learned it so long ago.  But I loved Halloween back then as much as I love it today.

The past is gone, and yet, this song has stayed in my mind!

Witches Ride

Night, black as pitch!
Black as a witch!
Where’s the moon?
Gone too soon!

Hoot owls are out.
Bats fly about.
Where they glide,
Witches ride.

I think this song might make a good spell; a celebration of the season, perhaps.

My Carnival of Para-Horror Presentation, H. P. Lovecraft’s Cosmic Carnival of Horror, is now a 23- minute YouTube video, uploaded by my daughter to YouTube.

My daughter, Ligeia Leigh Steadman, a sophomore at Michigan State University, majoring in Japanese, created the animation & chose the background images, the film-clips & the music.   I supplied the passages from Lovecraft’s works.

If you are fascinated by Lovecraft’s philosophy & his horror, fantasy, and sci-fi stories, then you will enjoy our animation presentation.  

In particular, you should study the pyramid, which points down instead of up, to illustrate just how heavily the burden of time lies on humankind, and how brief & infinitesimal human life really is in the grand scheme of things.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2NC040CkuQ

JLS 

No comments:

Post a Comment